How can I verify Authenticity of the Product?
- Examine the quality of the product -The quality of infringing goods are often lower than that of the originals.
- Be wary of unusually low prices - Although not all fakes are sold at a lower price than the originals, a suspiciously low price is still a good indicator.If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Check if logos and trademarks are displayed correctly. - At first glance, an infringing product may appear identical to the genuine one. On a closer look, however, you may be able to identify some differences. For example, logos may be badly reproduced and trademarks deliberately or accidentally misspelled.
- Research Business Reputations and Buy only from reputable sources. The best way to avoid being taken advantage of is to purchase products through reputable businesses.
- When in doubt, check out manufacturer's website of the product. - Many manufacturers provide information on their websites to help customers detect fakes, including pictures and descriptions of the originals.
Even if you purchased a counterfeit Yonex Badminton Racket for a price far lower than that of an authentic, if it’s fake, it’s still probably not a bargain.
Research shows that 2 most popular Racket equipment brands that are replicated are: Yonex and Li-ning. When you try to browse through the internet, search through OLX, or Facebook, you will see a lot of Replicas, Copies, Class As, Knock Offs. Be extra careful when buying badminton rackets, specifically the Yonex and the Li-ning Brand. There are a lot of fakes circulating across the internet. Other Brands such as RSL, Victor, Babolat, Dunlop, Carlton are rarely replicated or if there are replicas produced, they rarely reach Philippines maybe because its not profit effective. Yonex is the market leader, thus, its the most sought after brand. It is just logical that a lot of entities would want to manufacture fake yonex as it is the brand that got a highest demand in the market.
So far, the only brand that has not been replicated is the Karakal Brand.
Yonex or LI-ning Footwear Fakes, if they are being produced elsewhere, they hardly reach Philippines, Most probably It is because it's not profit effective. Unlike Rackets, Each shoe model comes in different sizes. An importer will have to buy in bulk with all sizes complete. Selling out all sizes will be a challenge. This explains why most replicas circulating in the country are Badminton Rackets.
To help you better, Here is the the detailed procedure on how to verify the authenticity of your yonex and li-ning product.
HOW TO VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR YONEX PRODUCT
Sunrise click, the sole distributor of Yonex in the Philippines, now has a better way of verifying authenticity of your Yonex products.
Newly released products have a special "scratch" hologram.
To verify, simply follow these steps:
- Scratch for the code
- Verify your product by entering the verification code at the Sunrise Brand Authentication Center or through this link http://www.sunrisetnt.com/NewFontPages/ProductVerification.aspx